Nursing Voices

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

More From the Bookshelf: Who Done It?

I’m kicking back and reading some new books. Dr. Neuschatz contacted me and he asked me to review his book, and being a devout bibliophile, I agreed to write a review. Dr. Joseph J. Neuschatz is the author of TerrO.R. It’s a quick read for anyone who likes a good book.

The main character is Dr. Phillip Newman. He is a quirky physician who loves his job as an anesthesiologist. And of course, he is married to a beautiful nurse. I really like that part of the book. The man obviously has good taste. Well, anyway, Dr. Newman cares for a healthy nineteen-year-old man who wants a tattoo removed, and unfortunately for Dr. Newman, the young man dies on the operating table. The young man’s father refuses an autopsy based on religious grounds, and then socks the doctor with a huge lawsuit. That’s when the sleuthing begins. I’m not going to give away the ending. Let’s just say that it should scare the pants off of the people who work at Home Land Security.


I liked the book, but there are a few issues that the author needed to work on before his book went to press. I found some typos, and some misspellings. The plot was also somewhat disconnected, and the conclusion seemed a little rushed. The book needed a professional editor to whip it into shape. However, even with these weaknesses, the book wasn’t a bad read.

Thanks for the book, Dr. Neuschatz. Nice work!

3 Comments:

Blogger ondrun said...

I would love to read this book. How would I get my greedy little hands on it?
ondrun

5:57 PM  
Blogger Mother Jones RN said...

His book is for sale on Amazon. I think you'll enjoy the book.

MJ

9:03 PM  
Blogger Joseph J. Neuschatz M.D. said...

Joseph J. Neuschatz M.D.

Additional "TerrO.R." infos:

http://www.americanauthorsassociation.com/Book%20Review-TerrO.R.%20-%20Neuschatz.htm

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home