Nursing Voices

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Meet the Graduate


Meet my little graduate. This is my daughter, Dani. I took this picture of her when she was at work. Yes, I’m sure that I embarrassed her when I whipped out my camera, but it’s my job. I’m her mom. I’m having a great time out in Arizona, but I almost didn’t get here because U.S. Airways sucks! My stewardess and I had words. Loud words. She wanted me to hand over my Mac so she could “check it in” because she let some of the other passengers bring too much carry on luggage onto the plane. I told her that I was sorry, but that I wasn’t letting anyone place my beloved Mac in the belly of a plane. I strongly suggested that she think of another solution to her luggage problem. I was getting ready to get kicked off the plane when she gave me a “what-ever…(eye roll).” I found my seat and we took off. The plane was over booked, and they ran out of dry, tasteless sandwiches. Each one of those terrible boxed meals cost seven bucks! And I’m not even going to discuss the lame in flight movie they played for our “viewing enjoyment.” I will never fly with U.S. Airways again.


I can’t wait to spend the day with my kids. I promise that I’ll embarrass my kids more today, and that I’ll post their pictures later.

18 Comments:

Blogger Jenn Siva said...

OMG she is GORGEOUS. Looks to be a pretty souled one too.

4:09 PM  
Blogger Dr. A said...

USAir is horrible! Don't ever give up your Mac. Glad you're having fun in Arizona. I was in Tucson last month.

4:26 PM  
Blogger kate loving shenk said...

you have a beautiful daughter!!

good job, Mama Jones!!!!!

Kate Loving Shenk

8:08 PM  
Blogger DrugMonkey, Master of Pharmacy said...

MJ,

Here's a sign of my approaching middle age.

I can remember a time when I would see an attractive lady and think to myself, "Hmmm, wonder if she has a daughter"

More and more, like when I read your post just now, I find myself saying, "I wonder what that woman's Mom looks like?"

Hope your return trip is better.

1:45 AM  
Blogger My Own Woman said...

One of the great things about being a mother is that you are allowed to embarrass your children and you don't have to apology for it!

11:34 AM  
Blogger Marc Monseau said...

Well done! Glad you are having a good time.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Elaine said...

You have a really lovely daughter.

ps ALL airlines suck. (or at least I haven't met any that don't - only a few just suck a little less.

4:07 AM  
Blogger CountyRat said...

When the flight attendant tried to take your Mac, did she also tell you that the fine print in all airline ticket purchase agreements (the one you accept without realizing it whenever you fly) states that the airline will not accept any liability for computers in checked baggage? In other words, if one of the baggage handlers "lost" you pricy Mac, USAir would not reimburse you a cent? (And don't think that the baggage handlers don't know it!) I travel for business, and our company commands us to NEVER, EVER, FOR ANY REASON check our laptops.

But enough of that! This is a happy time! Your daughter is gorgeous, and obviously smart and capable. You did a great job, mom. Be sure to embarrass her again today, for me. If she complains, just tell her that CountyDog told you to. That will take care of everything.

Enjoy yourself, Nurse R. You have earned it.

1:17 PM  
Blogger The Curmudgeon said...

If we didn't embarrass our children, they'd think we'd stopped caring.

Keep up the good work.

7:18 PM  
Blogger FetchingGal said...

Awwww congrats to her! She did it! Woohoo!

9:44 PM  
Blogger Julie, RN said...

Very pretty daughter. Was thinking she looked like a singer, but I wasn't sure who; Vanessa Carlton, maybe?
PS - all airlines are horrible, I can't stand the hassle anymore. Hope you have a better return flight. :-)

1:21 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Well done to Dani!

10:28 AM  
Blogger mielikki said...

what fun, now that you've gotten there! Have a good time in Mama heaven!

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The best flights are the trans-Atlantic flights. Somehow the service is better.

A great flight is Hawaii to Guam. They provide great service! And the flight attendants wear beautiful traditional garb on the flights.

Worst flight I ever had was from Mongolia back to Beijing. I was barfing into the bag the whole flight back. I think I was food poisoned the night before at the fancy restaurant in Ulaanbaatar. The chicken and rice was foul. (No pun intended!) How absolutely unladylike to be making those horrible gagging sounds on a flight! smile

And yes, good gene pool. Congrats on a lovely daughter.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Amrita said...

She is so sweet

4:46 AM  
Blogger Doc's Girl said...

Congrats and Happy Holidays! :)

2:02 AM  
Blogger Mage said...

Both daughters are lovely, Nurse Jones. Good stuff there.

3:17 PM  
Blogger ponderosa said...

Congratulations Mother Jones, it is always a proud moment for a parent. Have a safe trip back to the East coast- watch that suitcase along with the Mac

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home