Nursing Voices

Friday, December 07, 2007

Mother Jones Visits the Little Joneses

Are you old enough to remember when traveling was a pleasurable experience? It wasn’t that long ago when you could sit on an airplane without feeling like you had just been packed into a can of sardines. Everyone had comfortable legroom, and even the passengers flying in coach were treated to a hot and tasty in flight meal. Really! Check out this lady and all of her carry on luggage. She’s relaxing at the airport and sipping on her bottle of Coke. Imagine what would happen to this poor woman if she were traveling today. She would be standing in a long line waiting to check into the airport with hundreds of other passengers, and she would be shocked to learn that she couldn’t carry on all of her little bags when she boarded the plane. And forget about carrying liquids onto a plane. She wouldn't like having to say goodbye to her makeup and to her bottle of Coke. I wonder what she would think when she walked through the airport security metal detector while wearing her underwire bra. Oh my, she really would be shocked if she knew what was coming next.

I’m packing my bags, and I’m flying out to Arizona next week. I’m working two twelve-hour shifts before my flight, so I plan on getting some serious shuteye while I’m on the plane. My first-born is graduating from ASU, and I’m going to watch her walk across the stage when she gets her diploma. My youngest girl lives out there, too, so I’m going to be in Mommy Heaven. I really miss my kids. Watch for updates, and pictures of my trip.


Au revoir, Arrivederla, Adios

11 Comments:

Blogger Amrita said...

Have a good trip Mother Jones

6:06 AM  
Blogger rlbates said...

Have a great trip!

8:36 AM  
Blogger poody said...

have a good time and enjoy the weather!

12:03 PM  
Blogger My Own Woman said...

Congratulations to the graduate....and have a great time.

7:04 PM  
Blogger Mother Jones RN said...

Scott:

The oldest Little Jones is receiving a degree in Fine Arts. She is single. And looking.

MJ

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank God it is not nursing!!! And don't give Scott her phone number..... smile

Tammy

11:02 PM  
Blogger Mage said...

Adios.....arrive two hours early at both ends, and have a great nap on the way. G and I have taken to training it if we have the time. Yes, there's room for all those little bags, there's fun on the way there, and the food isn't bad at all. Gosh. I have to confess that I forgot to wear my hat tho.

11:41 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

Take care! Hey, ask the NTBS worker to at least buy you dinner before they frisk you.....

10:25 PM  
Blogger kario said...

Traveling mercies! Nothing better than those proud Mama moments!

1:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:35 PM  
Blogger 5 Wester said...

Hi MJ,

Congrats on your daughter's graduation. Hope you have a safe and pleasant trip.

1:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home