Nursing Voices

Friday, December 28, 2007

Sigmund Freud and the Man Who Wears Tights

People always ask me to interpret their dreams. Freud examined dreams, so people think that psychiatric nurses do that kind of stuff, too. I’m not an expert, but I can imagine what Freud might have said about this dream-like photograph of Mikhail Baryshnikov.

Freud: “The man, symbolizing the ego, is in conflict with his superego and his id. The suspended ego is rising above the id, which is symbolized by a woman who is playing a piano. The erotic female image and the piano represent sexual desire. The id and the ego are separate, yet a part, of a forest. The forest symbolizes the conscious and unconscious mind, and the trees represent the strength and the moral integrity that is found within the superego. This photograph illustrates the human condition, and the internal conflict that we all face on a daily basis."

This is my interpretation…

Mother Jones, RN: “Mikhail Baryshnikov is hot.”


Freud said that sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. I've always said that a well-built man dressed in leotards makes a great centerpiece on any woman’s piano.

3 Comments:

Blogger jaz said...

Sometimes I like my dreams more than I like the world of here and now.

Not always, but sometimes.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Your interpretation sounds a little more to the point, for a lot of ladies.

12:20 PM  
Blogger FetchingGal said...

Wasn't he in the final season of Sex & the City? Mmmm mmmmm good!

Happy new year everyone! I will be working the new year in... literally :(

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home