Nursing Voices

Monday, January 07, 2008

Is Britney Spears Bipolar or Just Plain Crazy?

I’ve been getting a lot of email this weekend from readers asking me what I think about Britney Spears. I don’t really know what’s happening to the pop princess, but I know what was happening on Cedar-Sinai Medical Center’s psychiatric unit when Britney Spears checked in. This is how the night played out:

The phone is ringing at the nurses station. It’s the emergency room nurse calling report. “Hello, Charge Nurse, you are getting a new admission from the emergency room. It’s Britney Spears. Age 26, diagnosis, Mood Disorder, NOS, rule out Bipolar Disorder. Oh yes, (snicker) Miss Pop Princess is telling me that she is a VIP, and she is asking that we please accommodate her every need.” The charge nurse hears Britney screaming obscenities in the background.

Then Britney is strapped down in four point restraints, and is wheeled to the unit with her posse in tow. The press comes racing up in the elevators, and camera strobes are flashing as the unit door slams shut. The charge nurse meets her new patient. “Good evening Ms. Spears. I’m going to be your nurse tonight, but first I need some information. Do you have any allergies?”

Britney: “*uck YOU!”

The Spears family is ushered into a side office while Britney is given a massive dose of Haldol and Ativan, and goes to sleep for the night.

The next day, Britney denies having a problem, and blames everyone else for the consequences of her actions. So what if she was drunk and high on prescription medications? She’s a superstar and can do whatever she wants. And the kids? Well, they belong to her, so her ex-husband, Kevin, can just *uck off! Then, a couple of days later, Britney throws a temper tantrum and her spineless doctor releases her from the hospital against medical advice. I’m sure that the nurses who were working on Britney's discharge paperwork were surprised by Dr. Phil’s arrival onto the unit. We must be approaching Sweeps Week.

Maybe I’m the one who is crazy, but Britney reminds me of Marilyn Monroe. She’s going to be dead soon if she doesn’t get some serious help.

9 Comments:

Blogger Double R said...

Didn't Britney want to be the next Marilyn? Or was that Anna Nicole...oh I guess it really doesn't matter now anyway...let's hope she doesn't kill anyone in the process of her own self-destruction.

And I believe the intriguing "Britney in the psych hospital" episode of Dr. Phil will be airing around May, all he needs is her untimely death to really boost ratings. So sad that people are gaining from this girls obvious problems.

8:53 PM  
Blogger blackthumb said...

Britneywatch is about the most fun you can have when you don't have much else to do. Dispite this I feel sorry for her, and especially her children. I was so incensed by Dr. I'vehadmyPhil's actions that I emailed him to express my disgust at his behavior. It is unprofessional and publicity seking. If really wanted to help her he should find some one GOOD to treat her without all the publicity.

11:27 PM  
Blogger Labor Nurse, CNM said...

I actually feel bad for her...she's clearly sick. An addict, probably bipolar with borderline personality... just my humble assessments. From an OB nurse, so take it for what it's worth.

And Dr Phil is just trying to ride her tailcoat.

11:28 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Those around her have not helped. If she has been ill, she was not treated early enough, but just got money out of her.

2:51 PM  
Blogger Mage said...

Even if she gets the help, it won't do any good if she doesn't accept the help. What a tragic mess.

11:07 PM  
Blogger My Own Woman said...

"Life in the fast lane, will surely make you lose your mind." .....The Eagles

12:34 PM  
Blogger Prisca: said...

*nods head in agreement*

12:37 PM  
Blogger Undercover Mother said...

You had better info than tmz.com! Now, if we could just find out what the motivations of that Adnan guy were...got any moles elsewhere?

11:08 PM  
Blogger LicensedToILL said...

Bi-polar is too obvious of a dx.


Borderline. All the way. Have you seen the cold way she just ditched her paparazzi photog boyfriend- and literally just picked another off the street.
Yep, I'm sensing Glenn Close like thinking here...

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home