Nursing Voices

Friday, February 08, 2008

What Do You Hear at Change of Shift?
















I confess, I procured the guy using this primitive hearing aid from Johnson and Johnson’s blog, JNJ BTW. I’ve always wondered how much you can hear by using one of these things. They look awkward and hard to use. I bet this guy is listening to the nurses over at Nursing Voices. Nurses from around the world are gathering at the Nursing Voices Forum. The conversations are insightful, as well as entertaining. No wonder the guy is listening in with his ear horn. He doesn't want to miss anything that they are saying.

Kim from Emergiblog is hosting Change of Shift over at Nursing Voices. There are some really great posts up, and you should go check them out.

5 Comments:

Blogger whatnow18 said...

Alright, so I am totally new to blogging, but as a fellow psych nurse I have to applaud you! I love your point of view. I have often been told I'm a tad too direct, but I have had many a happy moment, like when a completely brain damaged chief resident told me how to do something, I responded with only 2 sentences (spoken slowly so he could understand), the whole nursing station went silent. I was later cheered for the "public castration".
On the flip side, I have had the pleasure of working with 2 of the greatest attending psychiatrists in recent history, who tried to teach their young charges "the nurses are you best resource and support, listen to them!"
I'm not working inpatient right now for the 1st time in 29 years, I'm at a "treatment" school. The head of school is currently working on having me fired, so they sent me home for 2 weeks. Hell of a way to get a day off eh? I guess I'll be back in the battle zone before long. At least it will all be familiar, like moving back home!
Have a great weekend

2:18 PM  
Blogger Dean said...

Hi MJ,

Sorry I haven't been by in a while. Just read through all the post on this page. Good stuff as usual. Hope you find a new job.

Will try to be back more often, I miss reading your thoughts.

Dean

12:55 AM  
Blogger Dean said...

Wait, that didn't come out right. I didn't mean I can read your thoughts... I meant... well, you know what I mean. :-)

12:57 AM  
Blogger Clif Martin said...

Sorry, this is a bit off subject but you hit my most painful impairment. Hearing aid dealers hate it when I complain that their thousand dollar high tech devices don't work a whole lot better than that primitive "ear trumpet" the guy has in his ear. If there's an ailment that could put me in your nut ward, it might be hearing loss. Thanks for listening. Very carefully.

7:23 AM  
Blogger Marc Monseau said...

Ahh... I'm flattered that you picked up on my ear horn. Hope all is well with you...

Marc

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home