Nursing Voices

Monday, January 21, 2008

Weekend Recovery


This is what I look like on Monday morning after working two twelve-hour shifts over the weekend. It’s hard looking glamorous when you are exhausted. My shifts always end up being longer than twelve hours—they generally turn into 14 hours shifts—and we are always short of staff. Last night I came rolling into my driveway around 2 a.m., and then the hospital called me just about the time I started drifting off to sleep. The supervisor wanted to know if I wanted to come back into work. I don't remember what I told her, but I'm sure that my response was colorful. AND LOUD!

Will someone please pass me another chocolate bon-bon. I’m too tired to move.

6 Comments:

Blogger rlbates said...

You must look just adorable if you look like that picture!!! I love it!

6:35 PM  
Blogger Bev said...

Aren't there labor laws about nurses working more than 16 hours? I do not miss working in the hospital where you can get "mandated" the extra hours. Have a bon bon, and have someone give you a foot massage. You deserve it!!

7:28 PM  
Blogger Amrita said...

Oooh what a lovely pocture. How couold he resist those cupcakes.
Take care Mother Jones.

9:41 AM  
Blogger Mage said...

RYN: Oh, I am so sorry if I gave the impression I was throwing out a set of Russell Wright. No, not me....I too collect dishes. I would never throw out a set of Russell Wright. I'm the fool who just paid thirty bucks for a divided veggie bowl without lid to add to my collection. There's no room on the shelves for more dishes, and the ones I want to use are out of reach.

I kept the set of Nutmeg color Russell Wright that we use every day. I also kept four sets of Blue Ridge/Southern Potteries out on the shelves.

Did I say I lived in a very tiny Southern Callifornia condo?

Love that picture of you. The pink curlers really make it.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Amrita said...

If you don 't mond Mother Jones I am stealing your doggie phot and posting it with a picture of my dog who dooes not have nay self control. LOL I 'll link you too.

4:40 AM  
Blogger Amrita said...

If you don 't mond Mother Jones I am stealing your doggie phot and posting it with a picture of my dog who dooes not have nay self control. LOL I 'll link you too.

4:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home