Nursing Voices

Thursday, August 10, 2006

I love stuff.

"Fiesta Pig" by Andy Warhol







If you haven’t already figured it out, I love collecting stuff. I haunt thrift stores, garage sales, and I’m an accomplished dumpster driver. It’s amazing what unsuspecting people throw out. I once found a first edition book in someone’s trash worth A LOT of money. My favorite stuff includes books, art, and Fiesta dinnerware. So it only makes sense that my all time favorite Andy Warhol screenprint is “Fiesta Pig,” created in 1979. If I ever find this screenprint in someone’s trash, they’ll never be able to revive me.

Shopping for stuff relaxes me. I get lost in my thoughts and enjoy the day. Many times, I go shopping with my husband, who also loves stuff. He and I make a dynamic shopping team. However, there is a downside to going out in public, and that is running into former patients. Don’t get me wrong, I like seeing my patients, but it’s awkward, especially with all the privacy rules nurses have to deal with at work. I never go up to a former patient, I wait for them to talk to me. I let the other person decide how they want to handle the situation.

How do you handle seeing a former patient out in public, and who else likes to collect stuff?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home