Nursing Voices

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Thank God Another 16 Hour Shift is Over

I just got done with another 16 hour shift. My friends are going to happy hour, but I'm going home. My bed is calling my name. Can you hear my bed, too? It's saying, "Mother Jones, Mother Jones, time to come home. It's time for bed." Wait a minute, maybe the fatigue is affecting my mind. Hmmmmmmmm.

Oh yes, and to my coworkers who are going to happy hour, don't be stupid like Mel Gibson. Don't drink and drive.

Nite-nite. Mother Jones RN

4 Comments:

Blogger jbwritergirl said...

Hey there,

Thanks for coming by my site, love to see what's going on in other places (those unlike the places in my mind that travel at the speed of light).

I hear you when you say you hear your bed calling. I'm up at 4 a.m. usually to start writing (the real gig) and put in pretty long days myself.

Jb

11:38 AM  
Blogger Andrew McAllister said...

Good call on the "don't drink and drive" message. And thanks for visiting my site and leaving the story about your husband's difficult admission. You're right, it took guts. It also took character on your part to recognize the value of the honesty. Good for you!

1:10 PM  
Blogger GaffLady said...

night night..rest well.

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home