Nursing Voices

Thursday, July 27, 2006

No Bad Men


There is nothing like kicking back after a hard day at work, drinking a glass of wine, and reading a good book. My husband picked this book up many years ago, and surprisingly, he didn't hide it from me. It’s a satire based on BarbaraWoodhouse’s book, “No Bad Dogs: The Woodhouse Way,” in which she teaches readers how to turn the most out-of-control K-9 into a lap puppy. Today's book report is on the book, “No Bad Men The Lovehouse Way,” by Dr. Barbara Lovehouse. In her book, Lovehouse has taken Woodhouse’s method of dog training, and applied it to men.

As a psychiatric nurse, I was intrigued by Lovehouse’s theory. She brings up a valid point that we teach people how to treat us. Let take a look at what she has to say.


Chapter I: Does Your Man Need Training?



In this chapter, the reader is given information on how to decide if their man needs training. If the guy in the picture looks like your man, read on.











Chapter 2: Men vs. Dogs: Some Clear-cut Comparisons

After working with men and dogs, the author concluded that dogs are easier to train than men. In chapter 2, Lovehouse compares problem men to problem dogs. Here are a few comparisons from her book.








Lovehouse teaches readers that they don't have to live with bad behavior.



Chapter 20: When to Send Your Man to the Pound


In chapter 20, Lovehouse confesses that, although the message of the book is that there are no bad men, she lied. She said there are ALMOST no bad men, and if you have a man that can’t be trained, dump him at the pound. It sounds cruel, but she’s right. Life is too short to live in an unhappy or abusive relationship. Remember, there are fifty ways to leave your lover. If you’re in a bad relationship, choose one of those fifty ways, and get out of the relationship.


I read the book to my boy, Daniel. He laughed through the whole thing.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kentucky Rain said...

I love this!! I think I need to post a response, you know from a dog's point of view, on my blog :-) Thanks for a great smile Mother J.

1:19 PM  
Blogger daisythemoomobile said...

Hey, I think I need borrow that book.

LOVE,
your oldest niece! :)
PS - my good blog (the one I actually update) is my the link 'my peppy xanga site'

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home