Nursing Voices

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Dr. Swindler and Mr. Crook

Here’s some advice. Don’t talk about swindling the partners in your medical practice when you’re eating lunch in a fancy restaurant. You never know if an eavesdropping nurse blogger is sitting behind you in the next booth.

My Prince and I went out to eat today to celebrate his new master’s degree. He said he’s going to hang his diploma over the toilet, so every time he urinates he can remember how smart he is, but that’s another story. I was looking over the menu when I overheard two men in the next booth talking about a satellite clinic, doctors, and partners.” Ok, I admit it, I’m nosy, and so I put up my antenna and really started listening in on the conversation.

Guy #1 was a doctor who was interested in setting up a new medical practice, and guy #2 was an accountant/banker. The doctor was interested in learning the best way to set up his practice and tax shelters while fleecing his partners. Guy #2 was more than happy to tell Guy#1 the dos and don’ts of screwing over business partners. Guy #1 is going to ask each member of the practice to invest $70,000, and the money is going to disappear into a black hole, never to be seen again. I saw the two guys toasting their good fortune when my prince and I were leaving the restaurant. And I thought nurses were the only ones who could be that malicious to their colleagues.

If a doctor asks you to invest $70,000 in a new practice, run, don’t walk to the nearest exit, but do so only after you punch him out.


Bon Appetit!

10 Comments:

Blogger Undercover Mother said...

These are the very same morons that think if you pick your nose in your Lexus, nobody on the outside can see you.

2:56 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

I like that photo. The latest digital hearing aid?

11:08 AM  
Blogger Bo... said...

Wow, pretty risky behavior. I suppose it's less risky in the "big city", but here in Podunk overheard conversation is like putting it in the newspaper---on ANY topic. We actually have to pick places for eating out that have a big enough eating area so that we can pick a booth waaaaaaaaay back from anybody else's. And we still whisper...

11:55 AM  
Blogger Bo... said...

Oops--I didn't meant that I thought it was bad to "eavesdrop"---because I do that on a regular basis. I meant that in Podunk, people feel the urgent need to immediately pass along the overheard stuff, even if it would be terribly hurtful to somebody.

(Sorry about that...)

11:56 AM  
Blogger Runs With Scissors said...

Despicable, but I'm a big believer in karma. They'll eventually pay somehow.
~RWS

5:23 PM  
Blogger poody said...

Things that make you go hmmmm

10:28 AM  
Blogger Doc's Girl said...

Yikes...! It's amazing how candid people can be in restaurants--they must have been talking loud enough for you to hear the coversation... Unreal...!

10:11 AM  
Blogger Shig said...

The difference between doctors and nurses acting maliciously, is that when nurses do it, it usually doesn't involve $70,000. Sometimes I think it's better not to have any money.

11:23 AM  
Blogger DrugMonkey, Master of Pharmacy said...

"He said he’s going to hang his diploma over the toilet, so every time he urinates he can remember how smart he is"

OMG I just found the best place for my Mensa card.

Thanks.

2:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never known a fellow nurse to be that malicious. Catty, yes. Downright malicious like this, no.

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home