Nursing Voices

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

My Boy Freud



Print by Andy Warhol

John Mark Karr, the man claiming to be the murderer of JonBenet Ramsey, has been the topic of conversation on our unit for the last couple of weeks. Everyone has something to say, and as I listen to the news, I wonder what Sigmund Freud would think about this guy. My boy Freud, the founder of the psychoanalytic school of psychology, is best known for his studies of sexual desire, repression, and the unconscious mind. If Freud were alive today, I imagine he would be discussing the case a guest commentator for Fox News. Karr is the embodiment of the Id, the part of the psyche that contains primitive desired such as hunger, rage, and sex. And as we all know, shows about primitive desires boost television ratings.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kentucky Rain said...

Excellent observation! The minute I saw JMK, and heard him speak, I knew he was a nut job. The fact that the media put this news ahead of the horror in the Mideast didn't even surprise me. Spending my entire adult life as a cop has certainly made me cynical.........I think people in the medical profession suffer from that disease also....

6:38 PM  
Blogger Mother Jones RN said...

Yes, Mike, this guy is a total nut case. I think Fox used this guy to take attention off of Bush and Iraq.

9:07 PM  
Blogger Kentucky Rain said...

Good point MJ, except I never watch FOX NEWS. I saw it on the mainstream media, like CNN and MSNBC. That's when I got nervous :-)

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home