Nursing Voices

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The Good, the Bad, and My Daughter’s New Boyfriend



















First the good news; Pictures! I want to thank Chris from “Trading Faces” for teaching me about Foxfire. After following the directions he e-mailed me,my blogger world became a happier place.



Now the bad news, my life support system (my Mac G4 laptop) is sick and I’m taking it in tomorrow for a check up. Every time I play a DVD, green, square, pixels dance across the screen, making it impossible to see what’s playing. I called the Apple Store and talked to a clerk, and he told me to make an appointment at the Genius Bar. I’m nervous about leaving my computer for repairs, but thank God we’re a two Mac family.





I hereby award my daughter’s new boyfriend the Picky Mom’s Seal of Approval. A couple of nights ago while on their first date, they returned to my daughter’s apartment to find her cat dying on the kitchen floor. My daughter told me she started screaming and crying hysterically. My daughter’s new boyfriend sat up with her all night at the vet emergency room, and took her back home after her cat died. My daughter told me she thought her new boyfriend would never call her again. Wrong! He called her, and sent her flowers. She asked me what I thought of him. I think he's a keeper.

7 Comments:

Blogger kario said...

Sorry to hear about your computer. Maybe if it dies, your husband will rub your back while you mourn and send you flowers.

The boyfriend is definitely a keeper. My husband (of 13 years), a farm boy who firmly believed animals belonged outside, surprised me by bonding with my cat on our first date. She chose his lap over mine every time after that, and my sense that he was a keeper was on target. Tell her to hold on to that one!

12:21 PM  
Blogger GaffLady said...

that is so nice! of course he is keeper.

1:37 PM  
Blogger jbwritergirl said...

KEEPER!!!!

Sometimes you run into Mr Right just at the right time.

If I got into your computer problems I would likely take up most of your comment space so I will keep my mouth shut.

JB

4:51 PM  
Blogger ChristopherM said...

I hope you like Mozilla...it was the solution to all my Blogger issues. Down with Microsuck!!!

11:11 PM  
Blogger Kentucky Rain said...

I just discovered Firefox and when I did I made a big point of it on my blog. It is far superior to clunky old Internet Explore.....

6:45 PM  
Blogger Kentucky Rain said...

I just noticed "Microsuck." I love it. By the way MJ I stole your Firefox pic....Look for it on my blog :-) Thanks.....

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home