Nursing Voices

Thursday, August 24, 2006

A Rotten Apple



The honeymoon is over! I love my computer, but I very unhappy with Apple customer service. In 2004, shortly after I bought my computer, my screen saver went haywire, so I took my computer back to the store to have it checked out. It takes me about an hour and a half to drive to the Apple Store. They said the computer was fine, and after pushing a few buttons, they sent me home. A few weeks later, my computer overheated. I went back to the Apple store, and again, everything “checked out,” and I was sent back home. The appearance of the screen saver never improved, but it was something I could live with. Fast forward to yesterday when my computer’s DVD player died. The Genius Bar guy said I need a new video card installed, which will cost $325. When I told the Genius Bar guy about my past problems, he said those problems were due to a faulty video card. “Why didn’t someone tell me that when the computer was under warranty?,” I asked. He couldn’t answer the question, but did admonish me for not buying an extended warranty on the computer. Of course, when he checked the store’s computer, he couldn’t find any record of me talking to anyone in the store, so I’m screwed. Needless to say, I told the young man that I wasn’t spending any more money at their store, and took my computer home. I’m writing the iPod Father a letter about what happened, and I’m going to make him an offer he can’t refuse. I hope Apple decides to do the right thing, and fixes my computer free of charge.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They will fix your computer free of charge.

Apple has the best customer service around - at one point we had FIVE Macintoshes in the house. A G3 tower, A G4 tower, two iMacs and a Powerbook.

I'm an Apple fanatic. They have always done the right thing by us.

In fact, the new MacBooks had a "shut down" issue where it would just, well, "shut down". My son, the day before he goes off to law school, turns on his computer to find horizonal lines and nothing else.

To the local Apple Store, he was out in 30 minutes with a new computer and all the data transferred.

Write the letter, I bet they do it for you.

Apple isn't perfect, but I swear by their stability and wouldn't EVER spend money on any other brand.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home