Nursing Voices

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Angry Earth


This picture breaks my heart. It also makes me very proud of our profession. Mother Earth is very angry. The news is filled with stories about tornados, earthquakes, floods, and cyclones. It makes me wonder what is going to happen next. It seems like the whole world is turning up side down, and I can only imagine what nurses who live in these areas are going through. This nurse is risking her life in order to hold someone's hand. An aftershock could bring the rest of the building down on top of her. Nursing is one of those few professions where everyone, no matter where they live, are colleagues. I want to reach into this picture and give this nurse my hand, and my heart. She is truly an Angel of Mercy.

We can't hold a victim's hand, but we can still help. Please make a donation to the relief organization of your choice.

6 Comments:

Blogger None said...

That is a great picture.

8:54 AM  
Blogger None said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:54 AM  
Blogger girlvet said...

that really is a powerful picture.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Rudee said...

“Apprehension, uncertainty, waiting, expectation, fear of surprise, do a patient more harm than any exertion”

Florence Nightengale

One can only imagine what these people are going through.

2:02 PM  
Blogger ButtercupRN said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:37 AM  
Blogger ButtercupRN said...

The amount of destruction is unbelievable. On the news they said the quake damaged a swath of land equal to the area from Maine to Arizona.Thos poor people.
I linked your blog to mine,I hope you don't mind.
http://buttercup58.wordpress.com/

3:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home