Nursing Voices

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

It's "Skool Days" at Grand Rounds


Look at these poor medical students sitting through another boring anatomy lecture. I think one of the students in the front row is nodding off. Hey, wake up! You don’t want your professor to know that you are sleeping in class. I have a soft spot in my heart for medical students. They study all the time, except when they are blogging, and they are very nice to my colleagues and me. Medical students love nurses. I know why everyone is anxious to leave class. They want to race home to read Grand Rounds. This week’s edition of Grand Rounds is up at Medskool. Go check it out.

5 Comments:

Blogger Alexis said...

It's true. We love nurses. Those misguided few of us who don't automatically love nurses learn very quickly that it is a Very Bad Idea to not love nurses if you want to learn how medicine is actually accomplished. But what I can't figure out is this: when does the med student attitude towards nurses disappear? Is it some strange class I have to take after Boards? Can I call in sick for that exam?

1:01 PM  
Blogger Mother Jones RN said...

Hi Alexis:

There are a lot of doctors who never stop loving nurses when they get out into the real world. Of course, there are many doctors who turn into medical gods. Nurses really enjoy clipping the wings of medical gods. Really, we do! Please note the evil laughter the next time you walk past the nurses lounge.

Keeping loving nurses, and we will keep loving you back.

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love nurses except for when they yell at me.. and I'm only pre-med :\

(a red cross nurse yelled at me while I was giving blood, just because it was a 3 hour wait and I was too stupid to eat BEFORE and thought I might faint)

So anyway, I just started reading your blog.. and I love it! XD Thank you!

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Insert thumb and forefinger and tear along dotted line.

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is inspirational! It's good to see nurses using voice. Thanks for writing it. I am leaving a great staff of nurses in Seattle to move Back East.
Very sad to leave the great people I work with, but so excited to be doing it July 1st. Yes I work in a teaching hospital.
My last work project is about Lateral Violence in Nursing...I keep writing down things to remember to say in my exit interview!
Health care reform has to come. Working families need a break.
http://www.covertheuninsured.org

5:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home