Nursing Voices

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

A Double Meme


I’ll never forget those immortal words, “Double your pleasure, double your fun.” Chewing gum was fun, except when you got caught chewing it in class. We had to wear the offending wad of gum on the tip of our nose if our teacher caught us breaking the class rules. Of course, I was the perfect child, and never chewed gum at school. There was another reason why I didn’t chew gum. I wore braces, and I didn’t want to get gum tangled up in the wires.

Check out this old Doublemint ad. It says that chewing Wriggles Doublemint gum helps a woman keep the youthful contour of her face. I didn’t know that chewing gum could make a woman look beautiful. Somehow I don’t see women trading in botox and expensive plastic surgery for a pack of chewing gum.

Today, I’m doubling my pleasure by writing a double meme. I received these memes from Liana from Med Valley High and from 24 Hour Nurse from Nursing 24 Hours A Day . Liana wants to know 5 reasons why I blog, and 24 Hour Nurse asked me to write 8 random facts about myself . Here we go.

Five reasons why I blog:

Writing helps me relax. The creative process relieves stress.

I enjoy sharing information with others about things that are important to me.

I enjoy developing “pen pal” relationships with people from around the world.

Writing is a way of advocating for my patients.

It’s fun.


Here are eight random facts about me.

I am a huge animal lover.

I wrote a book about Fiesta dinnerware.

I am a perennial college student.

My kids think I’m the coolest mom on earth because I’m a blogger.

I’m a thrift store junkie.

I play the cello.

My favorite actor is Robert Redford.

My car is a Scion. I named it Milton Harvey.


I’m not into tagging people, so feel free to tag yourself.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

That's an unusual name for your car!

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, thrift stores. The untimate is Amvets here in San Diego. One day stop by, and we can go in there four, color coordinated stuff stores and wallow in joy.

Yes, dishes and blogging and thrift stores seem to tie so well into life as I live it. I'm always here but quietly. :)

(And I also have another blog on blogspot.)

2:24 PM  
Blogger Mother Jones RN said...

Jean-Luc, there is a funny story behind the name of my car, but you'll have to get me drunk first before I tell it to you.

Mage, let's go shopping!

MJ

2:34 PM  
Blogger Yee Yen said...

Hi Mother Jones RN! Thanks for dropping by my blog. Such an honour! I'm a big fan of Nurse Ratched's place - I think blog like this one will revolutionise the blogosphere. Keep on writing good stuff!

3:09 PM  
Blogger Bo... said...

That's interesting about the Fiesta dinnerware. I used to collect Marcrest. (I know it's boring brown but I liked it when I was in my cream/taupe/brown state.) Then I sold most of it off and only have a few pieces left.

3:12 PM  
Blogger Kentucky Rain said...

I am also a HUGE animal lover, but I know nothing about Fiesta dinnerware. It all looks the same to me. I am a perennial college professor, but I have no idea how to tag anyone, even if I wanted to.....

3:23 PM  
Blogger FetchingGal said...

I <3 Robert Redford, too :p

6:01 AM  
Blogger Amrita said...

Hi Mother Jones,I love your meme.I am also an animal lover, love thrift shops and cello. You certainly are a great Mom. I have such respect for nurses, its the most noblest profession in the world. You are like Florence Nightingsle.Millie 's outlook on life is just awesome...a100 yr old lady ...wow!

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home