Nursing Voices

Monday, November 06, 2006

Registered Voter, Registered Nurse



Democrats, Republicans, Independents, lend me your ears. On November 7th, log off your computers, go to the polls, and vote. This is very important, people. You need to be a part of the political process.

One in four registered voters is a nurse. Unfortunately, most nurses don’t understand the political process and feel powerless to change the things they don’t like about the government. There are 2.9 million nurses, making us the largest group of healthcare providers in the country. Imagine the impact we could have on government policy if every nurse voted for the candidates of their choice.


Nurses can no longer afford to be part of the silent majority. I urge you to vote.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Voting is just the beginning! We must get off our duffs and get involved with the legislative process before our practice gets highjacked! It's an up hill battle in Texas hopefully it is better in other states

BetsyNurse

7:34 AM  
Blogger The Curmudgeon said...

"One in four registered voters is a nurse."

Good gracious! You outnumber even the lawyers!

10:01 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Here in England, we'll just be watching.

1:31 PM  
Blogger RX850 said...

I figure I don't have the right to be angry with politicians if I don't vote so I'll be there bright and early tomorrrow! :)

2:43 PM  
Blogger ~AprilD said...

I can't wait until tomorrow!!

5:29 PM  
Blogger poody said...

I always vote even in the little hardly anyone ever turns out times. I live in a very politically charged town so I know whaen and where to vote!Plus I love the sticker they give you!

5:36 PM  
Blogger Smalltown RN said...

Yes....nurses do have a strong voice. If they would just unite they could make such wonderful changes in the system. Good luck with the election.

5:53 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

You know I'll be there. I singlehandedly wrote just about every Senator in the US trying to get them to amend the Medicare Reform that slashes the hell out of cancer care. Lord knows, we all need penile implants but not chemotherapy. Big shock that most elected officials don't read what they sign.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Bo... said...

I wholeheartedly agree!

9:13 PM  
Blogger Mother Jones RN said...

Hi Ceejayoz:

Thank you for your comments, but let me explain my post. Registered voters far out number the people who go the polls. And people that no longer work as nurses were included in the stats.

I got my stats from the ANA and articles I found in nursing trade magazines.

MJ

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home