Nursing Voices

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Email From Mother



My mother is my email buddy and she passed this one on to me. I usually won’t post these, but in the spirit of the upcoming elections, I couldn’t resist. Surgeons, take note, you might pick up a few tips.

>Subject:: Easiest Surgery Patients
>
> The first surgeon, from New York, says, "I like to see accountants on
> my operating table, because when you open them up, everything inside
> is numbered."
>
> The second, from Chicago, responds, "Yeah, but you should try
>electricians. Everything inside them is color coded."
>
> The third surgeon, from Dallas, says, "No, I really think librarians
> are the best; everything inside them is in alphabetical order."
>
> The fourth surgeon, from Los Angeles chimes in: "You know, I like
> construction workers...those guys always understand when you have a
> few parts left over."
>
> But the fifth surgeon, from Washington, DC shut them all up when he
> observed: "You're all wrong. Politicians are the easiest to operate
>on. There's no guts, no heart, no balls, no brains and no spine, and the
> head and the butt are interchangeable."

11 Comments:

Blogger The Curmudgeon said...

Love the story. As always, love the illustration, too. (Never did well at that game -- even before I drank a pot of coffee a day my hands shook too bad.)

But I was nervous reading the story -- waiting to see if there'd be a line about lawyers. Hmmmm.

2:50 PM  
Blogger Kentucky Rain said...

LOL! Great story. Hat's off to the Mother...both of them :-)

7:28 PM  
Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

yeah i too thought the punch line would be a lawyer, i was waiting breathless....

seriously, glad you came for a visit, now i'll go look around your blog a little while...bee

7:52 PM  
Blogger Kentucky Rain said...

BTW MJ you may want to drop by my place. I can pretty much guarantee a smile :-)

8:05 PM  
Blogger kario said...

On the other hand, computer geeks are completely unintelligible; being that their insides are full of cryptic codes.

Love that your mom is your email buddy!

9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL very good!

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! ~~adam, asks politely:

"Can I steal your Mom's e-mail for my blog???"

That made my day!!

xx, adam. ~~yes, I'm easy, like a Sunday Morning!

3:50 PM  
Blogger Mother Jones RN said...

Be my guest, Adam:-)

MJ

4:02 PM  
Blogger Nabeel said...

if one was perfect .. everyone would love that one .. but what's important is to show the same love and respect .. to someone who is not perfect .. that requires more energy and dedication :)

8:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OMG!!! Great Joke!!! LOL

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Change construction worker to auto mechanic.

12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home