Nursing Voices

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Mother Jones RN Goes to Washington

Just like Mr. Smith, nurses are going to Washington, DC, to advocate for their patients.

I believe that every citizen has an obligation to get involved in solving our nation’s problems, and as a nurse, I'm focused on improving the lives of my patients. That’s why I’m joining my nursing colleagues this week in Washington, DC, to lobby for the passage of H.R. 4903: The National Nurse Act of 2006. Most members of Congress don’t have a health care background, and they are interested in hearing from nurses.

I will be away from my computer for the next few days, but when I get back, I’ll tell you how things went. To learn more about the bill, visit the National Nurse website at
  • www.nationalnurse.org
  • 9 Comments:

    Blogger Dr. A said...

    Go get um! Knock some sense into those pinheads and bureaucrats.

    10:23 PM  
    Blogger kario said...

    You've got my support! Can't wait to hear about it.

    12:51 AM  
    Blogger jbwritergirl said...

    You go girl. My lifelong ambition is to end for profit healthcare and to see that everyone is taken care of in an acceptable fashion.

    Check out my other site "newswhore" where I post info on changing healthcare in California.

    2:50 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    OH, just rub it in, will you!

    LOL!

    Say hi to Lincoln for me...I will get there eventually!

    9:37 AM  
    Blogger GaffLady said...

    good luck! i've got your back :)

    7:54 AM  
    Blogger GaffLady said...

    good luck! i've got your back :)

    7:54 AM  
    Blogger ChristopherM said...

    I am so proud of you! Tell it like it is!

    11:29 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    good luck!

    8:17 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    9:55 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home