Nursing Voices

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Wipe Out!



Surf’s up, Dude. Look at our winsome nurse hanging out at the beach. I wonder if her cap is waterproof. Ron Tercotte is holding the surfboard. He's the doctor who ran away from his brilliant medical career to become a beach bum. Maybe doctor Tercotte decided it was easier to catch a big wave than it was to get paid by an HMO. Prehaps we should all start thinking about hanging out at the beach.





I’m still looking for a new and exciting career in nursing. Has anyone seen an ad like this for a surf nurse?

Wanted:

Nurse to work on a resort beach. Must know how to swim, shoot the curl, and hang ten. Also must know how to save drowning victims while running in slow motion like they do on the TV show, Bay Watch. Duties include beach combing, attending beach parties, and participating in beach volleyball tournaments. Applicants must have expertise in mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, and know how to slather on sunscreen. Female applicants must provide their own uniform consisting of an itsy bitsy teenie weenie yellow polka dot bikini. Male applicants must supply their own Speedo. Please send your resume to In Your Dreams Recruiting Agency.


If you see an ad like this, please let me know.

9 Comments:

Blogger Elaine said...

I would love this job - get out of my way! However, sadly, I fail on so many counts.....

2:58 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

I think the nurse ought to put her swimsuit on if she goes surfing, rather than keep her nurse uniform on.

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my...LOLOL! Give me a white bikini to go with my cap....

No, wait, that would NOT be good....

11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, who are you, jean-luc??

You are everywhere but I know you not! Your name sends me to a blogger error! : D

11:20 PM  
Blogger The Curmudgeon said...

Surf lawyer sounds good, too, now you mention it.

But... I think it would be better for all concerned if I didn't wear the Speedo... much better, really....

12:48 PM  
Blogger Smalltown RN said...

Hey if I find a job ad like that...sorry sister but I am going to apply......and I never have to get wet right? I mean my cap will always stay starching white....right?

3:52 PM  
Blogger Beach Bum said...

I wear my speedo on very special occasions only.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Mariamariacuchita said...

Ha!! Good one

3:15 PM  
Blogger poody said...

Some of my favorite books as a kid were Cheri Ames books. She was always a nurse at like a ski resort or probably even a surf nurse as well. She was my goal in the days before I knew nurses are not glamorous!

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home