Nursing Voices

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Another Day in the Life of a Princess Nurse


This Princess and I have a lot in common. We both like lounging around while other people wait on us. Yes, we’re spoiled Princesses. She has slaves, and if you ask me, they aren’t doing their job very well. She has to wait while they bring her a Diet Coke. They should have anticipated her every need. I don’t have servants or slaves, but I have a Prince who treats me very well, but unfortunately he’s at school today, so I have to wait on myself before I go into work. I love taking care of my patients, but since I work for Mr. Grinch, I'm sure that I'll feel like a slave by the end of the day. What is a Princess Nurse to do?



Princesses know how to have a good time when they aren’t at work. This Hawaiian Princess is relaxing by a lake while playing her ukulele. She looks happy and stress free. Her servants are preparing a pig roast in her honor as we speak. I also hear that she looks great on her surfboard, and that she really knows how to shoot the curl.

Since I don’t how to surf or play the ukulele, I have found other ways to spend my time at home. Most Princess Nurses that I know love to blog, and I am no exception. You might say that I’m obsessed. All right, I admit it, I am obsessed, but since I don’t have a lake in my backyard to sit by, or a pig roast to go to in my honor, I’ll just keep blogging.




This Indian Princess is modeling an outfit that she picked up at her local thrift store. She loves finding bargains at the Salvation Army Store. Doesn’t she look pretty sitting by the waterfall? This Princess also loves to shop at flea markets, garage sales, and consignment shops. These places make up her happy hunting ground. When my Prince and I have time off together, we drive many miles to find our happy hunting ground in Virginia, just outside of Washington, D.C. I’m always amazed by what I find there. There are a lot of very wealthy people who buy expensive items, and then never wear them. I find designer clothes on the racks that still have their store tags still hanging on them. I am a very happy Princess Nurse when I find these bargains. And as you may know, we are always hunting for books.




I’m not looking forward to what awaits me at work. Maybe one day I can live like these other Princesses. Until then, you’ll have to excuse me because I have to start getting ready for work.

9 Comments:

Blogger poody said...

Yuck the "w" sorry you have to go but then don't we all? I love these pictures very much!!

1:08 PM  
Blogger Mother Jones RN said...

Hi Poody:

I scanned the pictures out of one of my Art Deco books. I didn't have a bad night at work last night. We were busy, but it wasn't insane, no pun intended:-)

MJ

9:26 PM  
Blogger The Angry Medic said...

Is Blogger eating up my comments again? I could've sworn I left a comment on the previous post...

Ooh, Momma Jones, you do live such a life of glamour. You should come over and meet the Queen, I'm sure she'd be honoured :)

9:31 PM  
Blogger The Curmudgeon said...

I'm sorry you're not (yet) able to live like these other princesses. I can sympathize: I would have made a great dilettante, too, but my late parents neglected to become fabulously wealthy --

11:04 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Beautiful pictures there.

3:47 PM  
Blogger sketchmonkey said...

I wish mere words could describe how much I enjoy your blog; it's hilarous...thanks very much for sharing the "real world" of nursing for us nurslings :D

11:13 AM  
Blogger RX850 said...

*sigh* I wish I was a princess...

5:24 PM  
Blogger ERnursey said...

absolutely beautiful pictures, thaks

12:27 AM  
Blogger The Curmudgeon said...

3/28/07 -- Yes, my brain is working very slowly -- but it just occurred to me, days later, are any of these Maxfield Parrish paintings?... The blues... something about the oranges... suggested that to me.

And I was just wondering... I'll go back now to the post I'm supposed to be looking at....

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home