Nursing Voices

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Election Day Painkillers


What does Mother Jones RN and these boulders have in common? We’re all stoned. Get it? Those pains pills I’m taking for my injured ankle are kicking my butt.

I taped up my ankle, took my pain pills, grabbed my crutches, and hobbled to the polls first thing yesterday morning. My husband dropped me off in front of our local firehouse, and then went to park the car. While I was waiting for my prince, several people came up and asked if I need any help. Oh no, I was fine, really fine, because the pain pills were kicking in. Some very nice redneck good-old-boys let me cut in line, and my prince and I were done voting in about 15 minutes. Chivalry is not dead.

Like millions of other Americans, I watched the election results on ABC and Fox. The guys on Fox looked glum. I also heard that Vice President Cheney went hunting on Election Day. I hope someone took the buckshot out of his rifle when the election results started coming in.





Do you remember this?

9 Comments:

Blogger kario said...

If the White House Press Secretary was smart, he paid someone off to load Cheney's gun with blanks just in case.

Sorry your ankle's hurting you. It's a good thing you don't need it to blog, though. Lucky me!

11:33 AM  
Blogger The Curmudgeon said...

Lawyers have enough trouble without looking over our shoulders for Vice Presidents!

11:43 AM  
Blogger scalpel said...

Be sure to increase your fiber intake when you're on the pain pills too.

/voice of experience :)

11:48 AM  
Blogger ChristopherM said...

You know what goes great with pain pills? No, besides vodka. Haagen-Dazs, preferably pineapple coconut flavor. It is especially delicious to hide your pill in the ice cream, so it is a surprise.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

A vice president with a bad aim is not good.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Spelunker said...

I prefer Ben and Jerry's...any kind actually.

As much as I would have loved to be fly in the air during that hunting trip (anything bigger is obviously in danger), I would rather have been on the wall in the office when they convinced Bush to give that suck up speech today.

2:47 PM  
Blogger RX850 said...

I'm glad to hear you were able to get out to vote. Gotta love the princes of the world! It would seem that Rumsfeld was as upset as probably Cheney was...

4:02 PM  
Blogger The Wal-NutzManiac said...

After the "suck-up" speech was delivered - - - - I wanted to vomit - - - I think I'm going to be sick until 2008 or maybe 2009 ??? We'll see how it goes.

4:34 PM  
Blogger Cyndy said...

He didn't need a gun full of buckshot to shoot himself in the foot.....

PS; Please listen Scalpel's voice of experience (as you would already know...fibre is Good...)

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home