Nursing Voices

Friday, March 14, 2008

Looking For Love in the Washington Post

I came across this personal ad in the Washington Post while I was working at the drug rehab center. It read:

53 y/o SWM, 5’6’’ 140lbs, drinker and ex-church member, seeks SWF to help me stop drinking.



Translation: Boozer-loser seeking codependent female for long term dysfunctional relationship.

My boss at the rehab center is single, so I clipped out the ad and put it on her desk just in case she’s looking for a hot date.

I love the Washington Post.

7 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Hahahaha! I think that picture came from that video that has misheard song lyrics of CCR's "Have You Ever Seen the Rain." (Lorraine) That picture was labeled that the keg was filled with Sunny D. Good stuff. I hope it works out with your boss. AND, she must be a COOL boss if you can do that!

2:53 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

You may have helped someone there!

11:15 AM  
Blogger shrtstormtrooper said...

What is very funny is that I am single, and as a joke my friend (who lives in Virginia but gets the Washington Post) clips out ads and sends them to me. I am eternally grateful she hasn't seen this one yet, and if she does I can tell her that you've already found him someone!

11:46 AM  
Blogger Mage And George said...

So funny.

5:08 PM  
Blogger tammyswofford said...

Reality is far removed from most of those ads. The "rugged-looking" male who loves hiking will show up on a woman's doorstep with fifty pounds of extra cargo on his belly, hair growing out of his ears and wearing black socks with his sandals because his feet hurt.

I think Mother Jones nailed this one on the head. smile

Tammy

3:33 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Hahaha...I found your blog through Scott's links. I love your translation on the personal ad, you're so right.

7:45 AM  
Blogger Doc's Girl said...

Iow...I hate to say that I actually appreciate that man's honesty!!! :-P

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home