Nursing Voices

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Night Fever

I’m sick, I’m really sick. I’m nursing a fever for the third night in a row. Fevers make me crazy. I’m hearing two voices in my head; a histrionic voice and a rational voice. This is what the voices are saying:

Histrionic voice: This is it; I’m dying. I can’t breath, I’m coughing, and I can’t eat. I have a splitting headache and my body feels like it is on fire. Maybe I have pneumonia, or….maybe it is the bird flu. It’s the end of all mankind! Goodbye world, I’m going to those pearly gates in the sky.

Rational voice: You have a cold you big baby. Shut up and take two Tylenol and call me in the morning. Oh, wait; I’m me. Never mind.

I’m sick, and yet I’m blogging. What’s with that? I’m spending my night with my Mac and the Grim Reaper. Now where did I put that darn Tylenol?

17 Comments:

Blogger MonkeyGirl said...

MonkeyHusband has the same thing. You appear to be handling it better than he is. ;-)

Hope you're feeling better soon....

8:38 PM  
Blogger Gerbil said...

Feel better!

10:11 PM  
Blogger FetchingGal said...

Awwww poor MJ. Try making a "hot toddy" yet? Feel better soon! ;-p

12:36 AM  
Blogger Elaine said...

Agree with the hot toddy - it may not cure, but it makes you feel a bit better. Wellness soon. :-)

4:30 AM  
Blogger Shrinked Immaculate said...

get well soon, have a brandy and sleep tight.

7:08 AM  
Blogger Terry at Counting Sheep said...

Never too sick to blog! I love it. Get well soon.

8:51 AM  
Blogger rlbates said...

Hope you feel better soon. Have some chicken soup (and/or the hot toddy).

8:53 AM  
Blogger Mage said...

Yes? Why are you here? Come back when you are well.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Doc's Girl said...

:( I hope you feel better, Mother Jones! :)

**hugs**

11:46 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

You managed to put out a good post. Remember that, so you must be a little better.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Have you ever watched the movie Stranger than Fiction? Will Ferrell plays a man that hears a english womans voice dictating what is going to happen to him. It's a great movie, your voices in your head reminded me of that. You should see it while you are on bed rest. Movie and chicken soup, it will definately make you feel better.

9:29 PM  
Blogger My Own Woman said...

Fell better soon.

1:01 AM  
Blogger may said...

go ahead and sleep it off MJ...when you wake up, you can have that therapeutic blogging spree :)
seriously, get well soon...

1:28 AM  
Blogger ~AprilD said...

Hope you feel better MJ!!

10:44 AM  
Blogger kario said...

Hoe by now you're feeling better. Strangely enough, when I'm sick I actually prefer to have a fever. Somehow it proves to me that my body's on the job and working to cook the nasties out of me.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

You and Kim!
I hope you are feeling better soon!

4:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you get to feeling better, Nurse Ratched, having a cold sucks. I don't get basic colds, I get bronchitus from Hades. I'll be getting the new stop smoking drug soon though, and maybe that'll clear it up. Keep blogging though =)

Ribeye of your Dreams
RagingServer.com

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home